[whatwg] [html5] tags, elements and generated DOM

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Wed Apr 6 16:25:02 PDT 2005

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>
>>> (2) Criteria that cannot be expressed by a DTD, but can still be
>>> checked by a machine.
>>
>> Such as...?

That can be, and is expressed in the HTML4 DTD with:
<!ELEMENT A - - (%inline;)* -(A)       -- anchor -->

Though, I don't beleive it can be expressed with an XML DTD.

> (Can also be expressed using RelaxNG or XML Schema.)

Of course, schema's are also included within my use of DTD above when
talking about XML versions (though I was originally only referring to
SGML), so the above would be something that can be checked by a machine.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/