[whatwg] [html5] tags, elements and generated DOM

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:52:44 PDT 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 8:30 PM, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Apr 7, 2005, at 21:49, Jim Ley wrote:
>
> > this thread has shown clearly that many people contributing to the
> > WHAT-WG work do use DTD's
>
> To me it seemed that you argued that DTD validation is more useful than
> other conformance checks as long as the other checks are vaporware

>From which you can clearly conclude I do use DTD validation as part of
my QA process.  All the people who have said that DTD validation is
absolutely useless haven't bothered to describe their QA processes at
all.

Maybe we could hear about these QA techniques rather than just saying
how crap the existing tools are, rather than the sudden proposal to
seriously reduce the amount of automated QA available to WHAT-WG
adopters.  If there was a different proposal on how WHAT-WG documents
be QA'd then I'd certainly be happy to see DTD validation disappear.

Jim.