[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 submission to W3C

Håkon Wium Lie howcome at opera.com
Tue Apr 12 06:04:33 PDT 2005

Also sprach Dean Jackson:

 > > Overall it seems like a good thing though.
 >
 > I think so. Like I said in the comment, the important point for us
 > is to build a single community for improving forms on the Web.

I agree with this; I think we have rough consensus in the web
community within reach.

That doesn't necessarily mean everyone will be sitting in the same
room, though, nor that there will only be one specification. I think
the CSS/XSL can be a good model. W3C accepted a Member submission
[1][2] after a Recommendation had been issued [3] and the two groups
have managed to stay inside the same organization. There has been some
friction along the way, but the friction has generally been
productive.

 [1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/1997/13/
 [2] http://www.w3.org/Submission/1997/13/Comment.html
 [3] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1-961217