[whatwg] <p> elements containing other block-level elements

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 01:03:09 PDT 2005

On 4/12/05, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Apr 12, 2005, at 13:02, Matthew Thomas wrote:
>
> > <http://diveintomark.org/archives/2004/01/14/thought_experiment>
>
> Writing software that is guaranteed to emit well-formed XML is not
> particularly hard.

That depends on your definition of hard, it's clearly beyond many
people in the community, even such sites as http://webstandards.org/
and the XML Working group have published non-well formed XML recently
- down to encoding issues, almost always.   I can't really see how if
these groups can't do it, when they have marketing aswell as technical
reasons to do it we can expect others to.

Jim.