[whatwg] [html5] 2.6. Phrase elements

Matthew Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Fri Apr 15 17:08:40 PDT 2005

Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>  however, he was of course wrong, as this kind of nesting is actually
>>  kind a cool, not?</q>
>>
>>..? It looks terrible imho. Not something you put inline or so.
>
> There have actually been examples of this in this in the past few weeks,
> enough to convince me that in some cases it is a valid use case.

As far as I can see, all the supporting examples have been provided by
yourself, and none of them are conformant to basic typography. (This is
given away partly by your starting the supposedly resumed outer
paragraph with "....".) In other words, any written work attempting such
constructions would be marked as an error by a human editor.

So if <p>s inside <p>s are allowed, I think it should be only for <p
lang="en-hixie">.

--
Matthew Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/