[whatwg] WA1 dl and dialog

fantasai fantasai.lists at inkedblade.net
Sat Apr 16 19:23:57 PDT 2005

# The dl element introduces an association list consisting of zero or more
# name-value groups...
# Name-value groups may be terms and definitions, speakers and words, metadata
# topics and values, or any other groups of name-value data.

I like the definition you give here, except for one thing:
Despite the example given in HTML4, I think that speakers and words
is stretching the name-value idea a bit too far. For scripted dialog,
I think Tantek's suggestion is much better:
   http://tantek.com/presentations/2005/03/elementsofxhtml/#slide20

So my suggestion is to remove that particular example from the spec.

~fantasai