[whatwg] Editing

Anne van Kesteren fora at annevankesteren.nl
Wed Apr 20 06:21:10 PDT 2005

Olav Junker Kjær wrote:
> Anyways, editing could be broken up into these topics:
>
> - A way to mark an element as editable (the contentEditable attribute).

Besides your other points I think it would also be important to specify
the content model the element can have and the possibility to restrict
this content model.

For example, you could allow any element that is allowed as a child of
the particular element that has contentEditable set, but there should be
a way to exclude certain elements (and perhaps attributes) if you don't
want those.

  <em contentEditable="true" exclude="a em strong span">

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>