[whatwg] Editing

Anne van Kesteren fora at annevankesteren.nl
Wed Apr 20 11:07:27 PDT 2005

Brad Fults wrote:
>>Besides your other points I think it would also be important to specify
>>the content model the element can have and the possibility to restrict
>>this content model.
>>  <em contentEditable="true" exclude="a em strong span">
>
> Although such a selection method would be convenient, I think it makes
> more sense to specify such exceptions on the elements themselves,
> removing the need to add a new attribute. For instance,

> In this case the first link would be manipulated as an unbreakable
> unit inside the div.

This inheritance model is already in the specification. I was proposing
something different but I haven't really given the syntax a thought as
James Graham points out. Excluding some elements may be nice, but you
probably want to restrict attributes or even element/attribute values as
well.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>