[whatwg] Canvas element - Keep It Simple

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 12:24:53 PDT 2005

On 4/22/05, Anne van Kesteren <fora at annevankesteren.nl> wrote:
> As there are already implementations and implementors are not likely to
> change it all back

Until today, the spec was very clear that it wasn't appropriate to
implement any feature on the spec, today for some unexplained reason
it's changed to just a general it could change warning.  Either way
any implementor would've been aware of the highly draft nature of the
specification, so should have been expecting it to change.  There are
certainly no sites relying on the functionality.

> I don't think this is going to work, but if this
> somehow gets through then please choose the OBJECT element instead.

OBJECT is indeed a good idea, for any extension of that needs fallback
behaviour.

Jim.