[whatwg] What exactly is contentEditable for?

Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen hallvord at hallvord.com
Tue Aug 23 05:39:02 PDT 2005

On 15 Aug 2005 at 23:00, Olav Junker Kjær wrote:

> >    Here's how it's conceptually broken: How do you submit the edited
> > content without scripting?
>
> You dont. You use scripting. XMLHTTP requires scripting too, its still a
> useful feature.

Could we extend contentEditable in a way that would let the UA offer
a non-scripting UI for "saving" the edited page? For example using
the "form" attribute from WF2?

<form id="saveform" action="" method="put">
</form>

    Edit me, then click save.

The UA could now offer a "Save" option that would submit the form
with the edited data in its UI.
--
Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen
http://www.hallvord.com/