[whatwg] What exactly is contentEditable for?

Anne van Kesteren fora at annevankesteren.nl
Wed Aug 24 03:05:18 PDT 2005

Matthew Raymond wrote:
> No, because you'd still be missing the |name| of the control. The
> |id| is not the same thing as a control name. Also not that you loose
> stuff like disable, readonly, and a host of new WF2 stuff as well...

I'm aware that the 'name' and 'id' attribute are not equivalent.
Internet Explorer does have a global 'disabled' attribute by the way, I
have not tested 'readonly' yet. Also, editable areas do not have to act
the same as form controls, they are different things. Editing a web page
(document) is different from filling in a form.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>