[whatwg] comments

Anne van Kesteren fora at annevankesteren.nl
Sat Jan 1 04:51:11 PST 2005

dolphinling wrote:
> Also, in the repetition model, I _REALLY_ don't like the repeat
> attribute applying to arbitrary non-form-related elements. It seems
> incredibly hackish to me--why should trs, ps, lis, etc. get a new
> attribute just because forms have been updated? I'd much prefer that
> the new attribute only apply to fieldsets, and those can be wrapped
> around the stuff you want repeated (which is actually correct
> semantically, too).

That complicates it actually. For a lot of forms it is far more
semantically correct to use multiple table rows. If you need to use
FIELDSET with 'display:table-row' and some other CSS tricks which will
not even work because you can not style FIELDSET properly this feature
can better be dropped.

However, the feature is very useful and having an attribute that applies
to multiple elements is not that bad and can actually be quite useful to
achieve semantically correct results.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>