[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 - what does it extend , definition of same,

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 03:50:31 PST 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:33:19 +0000, James Graham <jg307 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> However the existance of non-semantic uses of HTML only proves
> that these are possible in the language, not that well written examples
> are not common.

When looking at what Web-Application Developers need to create better
web-applications, surely looking at case studies of example
web-applications is highly relevant to the discussion?    I don't
create web-applications, I create intranet applications using
web-technologies, so I can't produce mine as an example, using things
like GMail seems to be a good way of approaching it.

Where else are you looking at for examples of web-applications, the
techniques used and the problems faced by developers?

It's my conclusion from seeing the available web-applications today,
that the web document semantics of HTML are almost completely useless
and un-used, what's needed is application level semantics.

Jim.