[whatwg] For Japanese language users, Web Forms should have a way to active/deactive for IME

Masayuki Nakano masayuki at d-toybox.com
Mon Jan 17 12:58:27 PST 2005

Henri Sivonen <hsivonen at iki.fi> wrote:

> > In the case of many, this is needed on Intranet Applications.
>
> But why is it needed there? Could you, please, give specific use cases?

e.g.,

Name(Kanji): <input type="text" imestate="active" />
Name(Kana): <input type="text" imestate="active" />
Tel: <input type="text" imestate="disabled" />
Memo: <textarea imestate="auto" />

--
Masayuki Nakano <masayuki at d-toybox.com>
Mozilla Japan http://www.mozilla-japan.org/ (written in Japanese)