[whatwg] For Japanese language users, Web Forms should have a way to active/deactive for IME

Masayuki Nakano masayuki at d-toybox.com
Mon Jan 17 13:55:20 PST 2005

Olav Junker Kjær wrote:
> As for the different scripts, the question is whether the script should
> just be a hint to the UA or a requirement for valid input. Would it be
> useful to be able to set a constraint like script="kanji" (and
> script="numbers") ?

My proposal is not for inputted data validation.
It is for userbility.

On many OS, UA cannot control IME fully.
e.g., On GTK2, we can implement 'enabled' and 'disabled',
but cannot implement 'active' and 'inactive'.
It unites with the current condition,
we should determine the specification.

--
Masayuki Nakano<masayuki at d-toybox.com>