[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 - what does it extend , definition of same,

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 06:00:07 PST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:55:30 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> Note the current (work in progress) proposal to allow iCal content to be
> mechanically integrated into HTML documents in a backwards-compatible
> manner:

Yes, but developing mappings to html with magic classnames and
encoding everthing in HTML is a lot more work than using just the
native format, sure it's likely to be useful for somethings, maybe
even iCalendar, but not for all possible richer data formats.

> > Sure I would like it it everyone communicated everything freely using
> > standard languages correctly. Realistically, it isn't going to happen.
>
> Sad to say, but you're right.

I don't think of it as sad (there's good reasons not to expose rich
data), however not having the ability to do it as with the current Web
Forms proposals I do feel sad about.

Jim.