[whatwg] [Web Forms 2.0] Last minute suggestion - The <format> element.

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 08:49:33 PST 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:39:33 -0500, Matthew Raymond
<mattraymond at earthlink.net> wrote:
> > Good point, using OBJECT for this would be much better, as we're
> > re-using an existing element with just the semantics we want...
>
>    Let's not start with the object stuff again. Any control defined
> with  <object> has absolutely no semantics beyond those of <object>.

Which depends on the other bits, just like input - OBJECT is already a
form control, just like input.

> Also, it's nigh impossible to use your <object> approach
> with an HTC implementation.

No it's not, it's perfectly possible.

>    Actually, under the current WF2 draft, I don't think it does
> localize to your timezone, so the "11:00:00.0Z" should be "11:00:00.0".
> The "time" input type doesn't send time zone information.

Oh sorry, I must've missed where the timezone localisation was thrown
away, thanks for the heads up.

> I'm personally split on whether we need the CSS or not. I could live
> without it.

Sure, me too, I've been told there is no public CSS charter
by-the-way, there's still just the expired one, so we have no idea
whatsoever on what the CSS WG are chartered to do, so what might
happen in this area, perhaps Ian was letting things slip that
should've been member confidential.

Jim.