[whatwg] [WF2] Web Forms 2.0: Repetition and type ID

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Sun Jul 3 04:27:13 PDT 2005

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, fantasai wrote:
>
>>I'd like to suggest that ID attributes use a different syntax than [] to
>>mark repetition placeholders,
>
> Ok, I allowed two other characters to be used in the place of [] as well.

In principle, that's a good idea.  But do you really expect a typical
author to remember that they should, or even be able to, type ⁅ and ⁆,
instead of [ and ] for id attributes, considering that they don't appear
most keyboards and they may not even have any fonts with those glyphs
available?  Personally, I prefer Matthew's idea to use a templateid
attribute.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/