[whatwg] Input type=date UI discussion

Olav Junker Kjær olav at olav.dk
Wed Jul 13 12:47:44 PDT 2005

Jim Ley wrote:
> Cool, any chance of it saying that ie defining the terms -
> specifically including automated submission tools, e.g. Opera with a
> script extension which submitted the form must also cause a click
> event to fire on the first form element for that Opera to remain
> conformant.

I think the spec is quite careful never to define anything depending on
a specific UI interaction model or presentation. In this case the
confusing part is probably the "onclick" event name which gives the
impressesion of a point-and-click UI. Really the event should have been
named "onactivate" or something, but thats out of our hands.

/olav