[whatwg] [html5] window.print() undefined

Matthew Raymond mattraymond at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 19 04:12:22 PDT 2005

Christian Biesinger wrote:
> Matthew Raymond wrote:
>>   I know this isn't how you meant it, but this all seems a bit user
>>hostile. The user sees something on the screen he/she wants to print,
>>but an event is called at the last minute that changes the content to
>>something else
>
> You can already do that with CSS...
>
> @media print { html { display:none; } }

   ...And you can undo it from your user stylesheet. Furthermore, in
Firefox you can turn styling off entirely. Easy as cake. (Hmm... Wait!
Doesn't turn off styling in print preview. Instead, it uses the last
selected style. I'll have to file a bug on that one...)

   Now tell me, how do I do the same with an AJAX application that can
use before and after print events?