[whatwg] [html5] onbeforeprint/onafterprint (was window.print() undefined)
mattraymond at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 20 08:33:22 PDT 2005
Dean Edwards wrote:
> See several people's posts stating that because something may be abused
> it is not a good enough reason to disallow it.
I think there's good enough reason to disallow a feature when you
have the following:
1) The feature can be abused.
2) It alters the standard behavior of the browser.
3) It can be easily disabled with a modified open source browser or
4) It's use cases are partially covered by CSS.
5) There are existing workarounds.
6) An alternative has been proposed that has less potential for abuse,
is more powerful, and doesn't change basic browser functionality.
More information about the whatwg