[whatwg] [WA1] Replace <m> with <b>

Simon Pieters zcorpan at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 23 15:19:38 PDT 2005

Hi,

or a highlighter, even without CSS, and <m> is impossible to style in IE6
without hacks.

I couldn't find any suitable synonyms to "marked" or "highlighted" that
starts with "b", but I don't think that should be reason enough to drop the
element type. Given that <kbd> represents "user input (typically keyboard
input)", <b> could represent "marked or highlighted (typically bold)", IMHO.

"The b element represents a run of text marked or highlighted (typically
highlighted as bold in visual user agents, although it may be highlighted in
any way suitable for the UA)."

Regards,
Simon Pieters