[whatwg] [html5] DI element

Anne van Kesteren fora at annevankesteren.nl
Thu Mar 10 09:35:18 PST 2005

Matthew Raymond wrote:
> Cool. I hadn't really thought about this situation. Let's see if I
> can fit it into my previous <section>/<h> proposal:

Isn't that just the proposal from XHTML 2.0? Also, that is not backwards
compatible.

>> I support including both SECTION and DI. But if SECTION isn't
>> required, I cannot see why DI should be required.
>
> Apples and oranges. For instance, why couldn't unordered or ordered
> lists within a definition list be used?

Huh? DI is intended for grouping DT and DD elements, not for grouping DD
elements. Also, the definition of CSS is not an ordered list containing
two separate items. The definitions are separate.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>