[whatwg] [wf2] 1.9. Conformance requirements

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Wed Mar 23 05:05:42 PST 2005

Henri already replied to this with what I'm about to say, but since I'm
supposed to reply to all the comments... No offence Henri. :-)

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> I was wondering how "These XML documents may contain a DOCTYPE if
> desired, but this is not required." would be possible. Especially since
> the repition model requires the use of attributes of type ID and xml:id
> is not yet REC.

The "id" attribute on elements in the XHTML namespace has ID semantics
regardless of the DOCTYPE.

> It could be solved by either adding a line how the attribute named 'id'
> in the null namespace when applied to an element in the XHTML namespace
> should be treated (as type ID) or adding a DOCTYPE (DTD) that defines
> that.

The former is already done -- in WA1. It's out of scope of WF2, IMHO.