[whatwg] Web Apps 1.0: Editing

Ben Meadowcroft ben at benmeadowcroft.com
Mon May 9 09:00:12 PDT 2005

> On Sun, 8 May 2005, Ben Meadowcroft wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps have two subsections, one for full document editing
> > (designMode) and the other for element content editing
> > (contentEditable).
>
> Is there any difference between

> ...and

> ...?

Well setting designMode on the body won't work, it is set on the document
object using script, document.designMode="on". Actually I guess this
should added to one of the Document interfaces described in the spec.

Other than that I'm not sure what the differences between them are, I
imagine that setting <body contentEditable=""> is pretty similar to
turning on designMode, perhaps someone else can shed some light on this?

Ben