[whatwg] several messages about creating custom widgets

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Nov 1 18:28:36 PST 2005

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Olav Junker Kjær wrote:

> [feedback on how to create custom widgets]

I agree that we need to do something here. The third WHATWG spec is
supposed to address this, though the ETA on that is years from now.
Hopefully XBL2 [1] will help, maybe by binding to things like:

   <input type="color" ...>

...using <binding element="html|input[type=color]">, say.

This will hopefully be possible once we define that <input> itself is
always by default bound to a particular UA binding.

[1] http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xbl/xbl2.html

Cheers,