[whatwg] rel/rev for <form> ?

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 14:17:27 PST 2005

Hello,

On 11/4/05, ROBO Design <robodesign at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> Well ... creative uses ... might be there for just about almost any tag
> with a rel= attribute.
>
> Still not convinced :).

Let me ask you some questions.  (Your answers will help me know how to
explain things better.)

    * Do you see that "rel" and "rev" based formats have important
uses beyond just keyboard shortcuts?
    * Do you think that semantics embedded into HTML is important?
    * Do you think being able to provide semantics between 2 resources
-- between 2 URI's -- is important?
    * Do you think that web crawler usage or "rel" and "rev" based
formats is important?
    * Do you think that user script usage or "rel" and "rev" based
formats is important?
    * Do you think that extension usage or "rel" and "rev" based
formats is important?
    * Do you think that be able to use other HTTP methods, other than
GET, is important?
    * Do you think that being able to attach semantics to resources --
to URI's -- accessed through HTTP methods, other than GET, is
important?
    * Do you think that being able to parameterize a "request" is important?

(One thing though.  Re-reading my message over, it seems to kind of
have a "rude" connotation.  But please note that is not my intent.)

See ya

--
     Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.

     charles @ reptile.ca