[whatwg] rel/rev for <form> ?

ROBO Design robodesign at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 02:50:51 PST 2005

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 01:30:41 +0200, Mike Dierken <mdierken at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 00:26:33 +0200, Dimitri Glazkov
> <dimitri.glazkov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As for the "tags" attribute discussion, you guys just invented a
>> "class" attribute.
>
> Well, that also was one suggestion, but 'class' is mostly for user
> interface
> rendering, rather than purely semantic meaning. But it may not be
> necessary
> or workable to have a 'purely semantic' attribute. Some web crawling
> system
> would likely be able to figure out the semantic equivalence if enough
> people
> used a small enough set of values for similar things.

Dimitri is right. We did so, but with the purpose of defining semantic
meaning, instead of user interface elements.

Yet, I have to add that what we've suggested is (almost) useless. That's
because the WA 1.0 specification already contains something that can solve
what we wanted: profiles [1].

[1] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#profile

--
http://www.robodesign.ro