[whatwg] 2.2.6. The document - getElementsByClassName

ROBO Design robodesign at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 08:23:36 PST 2005

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 17:55:05 +0200, Anne van Kesteren
<fora at annevankesteren.nl> wrote:

> Quoting ROBO Design <robodesign at gmail.com>:
<...>

> You're talking about "class names" but you're not referring to any
> particular
> language. And that is the problem. There might very well be a language
> which
> defines class names which can contain spaces, but not a horizontal pipe
> for
> example, because that is used to separate the classes.

<...>

Good point. Then the specification should no longer put "under doubt" the
usage of multiple arguments versus one argument.

Yet, I have to add that the WA 1.0 specification defines the global
attribute CLASS:

> The element's classes. The value must be a list of zero or more
> words (consisting of one or more non-space characters) separated
> by one or more spaces.

By definition the class names are separated by spaces. How's this?

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future