[whatwg] [WA1] The a element could be empty

S. Mike Dierken mdierken at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 4 14:14:31 PDT 2005

That javascript shows how to actually do the insertion - but how do you
reference the point between the third and fourth paragraphs? For example,
how would you reference it from another document?

Possibly via some URI with a local xpath style anchor -
http://someplace.com/work/existing.html#xpath(/body/p[3])
If any element can have an id attribute, that would be sufficient - empty
<a> elements aren't strictly required to allow inbound links.