[whatwg] image captions

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Wed Apr 12 21:01:53 PDT 2006

Michel Fortin wrote:
> Le 12 avr. 2006 à 14:02, Ben Meadowcroft a écrit :
>> I'd prefer using a caption element, even if it isn't backwards
>> compatible.
>> However as an alternative why not reuse the label element?
>
> Apparently, the label element used outside a fieldset has the same
> problems as caption outside a table (not present in the DOM, impossible
> to style). At least on Gecko and WebKit.
>
> <http://www.michelf.com/docs/figure.html>

I think you confused the <legend> and <label> elements, because what you
said and what you tested doesn't correspond.  Your test doesn't use the
certainly doesn't suffer from such problems, but using it for labelling
things other than form controls seems wrong to me anyway.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/