[whatwg] proposed canvas 2d API additions

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Fri Apr 21 12:42:21 PDT 2006

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:

>     boolean pointInPathFill(in float x, in float y);

This sounds fine to me (though it means you have to spin through creating
many paths for hit testing, instead of just hanging on to a particular
path and hit testing a list of paths, which seems silly).

>     float [] getPixels (in integer x, in integer y, in integer width,
> in integer height);
>
>     void putPixels (in float [] pixels, in integer x, in integer y, in
> integer width, in integer height);

I don't understand how these are supposed to work when the underlying
bitmap's device pixel space does not map 1:1 to the coordinate space.