[whatwg] [wf2] Late comments and questions on Web Forms 2.0

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Tue Aug 15 13:08:14 PDT 2006

* Ian Hickson wrote:
>I think we're talking about different parts of the spec. The "accept"
>attribute in 2.14 is for <textarea> and is new to WF2. It is vaguely
>defined and has no UA conformance requirements. It is mostly intended to
>spurr implementors into coming up with new interaction models for
><textarea> and that's why it's quite vague at the moment; we don't really
>know what the requirements are.

Right, I assumed that the accept attribute on textarea is a subset of
the accept attribute on the input element. It is reasonable to assume
that as otherwise the attribute is not really well-defined and because
with very few exceptions, attributes with the same name are pretty much
equivalent in HTML, regardless of which element they are on.

If they are so different this should be pointed out in the draft, and
the current "The value of the attribute must be a single text-based MIME
type" suggests to me that parameters are not allowed either way. But I
see you understand it's quite vague... I guess I'd prefer if the two
accept attributes were actually the same, there is little reason for
them to be different.