[whatwg] Some comments on server-sent events

Sverre Johansen sverre.johansen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 01:06:56 PDT 2006

On ons, 2006-08-23 at 18:58 +0200, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> * What happens for other line feed characters? Are they treated as fields?
> Won't that give lots of problems for authors coding in non-Unix formats?
> HTTP for example allows both.

HTTP uses CRLF, but the specification recommends that UA should also
allow linefeeds for the headers. Other places, for example in the chunk
encoding, it requires CRLF.

rfc2616:
   The line terminator for message-header fields is the sequence CRLF.
   However, we recommend that applications, when parsing such headers,
   recognize a single LF as a line terminator and ignore the leading CR.

--
        Sverre Johansen