[whatwg] href on any element

Keryx webb webmaster at keryx.se
Sat Aug 26 00:28:38 PDT 2006

Hi all

Shut me up and give me a link if this has been discussed before, but I can't
find it on Google. Has there been any discussion of allowing the href-attribute
in (almost) any element, as in XHTML 2.0?

Personally I think this is the one killer feature of XHTML 2 and I would soo
much like it ASAP in all browsers.

Turning

Technology Working Group">WHATWG</abbr></a>

into

<abbr href="http://www.whatwg.org/" title="Web Hypertext Application Technology
Working Group">WHATWG</abbr>

makes perfect sense to me.

1. (Repeat) if this has already been discussed, please give me a relevant link.

2. If not, correct the errors of my way, if there actually is some good
arguments against this being part of WHATWG as well as XHTML 2.0

Lars Gunther