[whatwg] markup as authored in practice

Robert Sayre sayrer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 13:55:00 PST 2006

On 12/2/06, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at opera.com> wrote:

> There's probably no way you can serialize that document.

Hmm, Sam's example displayed correctly in Safari, Firefox, Opera, and
recent WebKit nightlies.

I don't think we need to settle this issue in December 2006, but I do
think there is ample evidence of interoperable but undocumented
behavior that HTML5 implementors will need to consider.

<http://www.intertwingly.net/blog/2006/12/01/The-White-Pebble>

That page works well with Opera and Firefox, and degrades gracefully
in Safari 2 and Internet Explorer. It is not working well in recent
WebKit nightlies, but I'm sure that is temporary.

--

Robert Sayre