[whatwg] Provding Better Tools

J. King jking at dark-phantasy.com
Sun Dec 3 14:04:52 PST 2006

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 02:45:52 -0500, Charles Iliya Krempeaux
<supercanadian at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Lachlan,
>
> On 12/2/06, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au> wrote:
>>
>> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> > Work is being done on such tools now.  A few of us have begun writing
>> > parser in Python, which will be either public domain (preferably) or
>> > under a free software licence.
>>
>> We've just set up a project for it in Google Code, and decided to put it
>> under the MIT licence.
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/html5lib/
>> http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/HTML5Lib
>>

> Do you know if anyone is creating anything for PHP?

I am.  It's not anywhere near finished yet, but the parser so far goes
through the whole document and spits out the appropriate tokens; I just
haven't done anything with said tokens yet, mainly because I was
discouraged by PHP's DOM implementation.  My parser is also slow as
molasses, unfortunately.

--
J. King
http://jking.dark-phantasy.com/