[whatwg] [rest-discuss] Atom, 'process-this'-POST and rockets

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 19:09:42 PST 2006

Hello Elliotte,

On 12/3/06, Elliotte Harold <elharo at metalab.unc.edu> wrote:

> Josh Sled wrote:
>
> > Aye. As much as people like to talk about the 4 Holy Operations, it
> > pretty clear that only 2 are in practical use, and I don't think that is
> > because HTML Forms don't allow for PUT and DELETE.
>
> Why not? That seems exactly why to me.

I agree.

If PUT and DELETE were available with HTML forms I'd be using them.  (I
actually tried it a long time ago after reading the HTTP spec.)

I even know a few artists (who markup HTML) that, once learning a little
more about HTTP and the other HTTP methods, actually tried using them since
it made more semantic sense.  (Although they didn't use the word "semantic"
when asking me why it wasn't working.  But... the point is that I even know
"artist types" that would use them if they could.)

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.

    charles @ reptile.ca