[whatwg] foreign attributes Re: several messages about XML syntax and HTML5

ryan king ryan at theryanking.com
Tue Dec 5 14:43:11 PST 2006

On Dec 5, 2006, at 2:11 PM, Elias Torres wrote:

> There's plenty of documentation/code/test cases for *specific*
> microformats but no general rules for let's say additional fields
> in an
> hCard. Let me know if I'm missing any other documentation or overall
> principle in microformats.

You're not missing anything. There is no documentation for
"additional fields in an hCard". There is no extensibility mechanism
for individual microformats because it's not necessary. If you want
to create a  new vocabulary to use along with hCard, just start using
it in your markup. If it becomes popular enough, you might be able to
get it added to hCard (if it ever in the future diverges from a 1:1
mapping from vCard).

-ryan