[whatwg] Test cases for parsing spec (Was: Re: Provding Better Tools)

James Graham jg307 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 6 04:33:34 PST 2006

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, James Graham wrote:
>> As someone in the process of implementing a HTML5 parser from the spec,
>> my _only_ complaint so far is that there aren't (yet) any testcases.
>
> If you could get together with the other people writing parsers and come
> up with a standard format for test cases, that would be really helpful. I
> have a few tests I could contribute, but I'd need a format to provide
> them in (they're currently not in a form that would be useful to you).

Did you have a list for implementers somewhere? I think it would be a very
worthwhile effort to come up with a set of implementation independent,
self-describing (i.e. where the testcase itself contains the expected parse tree
in some form), testcases - but I think the discussion should be on a separate list.