[whatwg] Test cases for parsing spec (Was: Re: Provding Better Tools)

James Graham jg307 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 6 07:37:38 PST 2006

Sam Ruby wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>   http://code.google.com/p/html5lib/

> I have no interest in participating in a project without test cases.

You are entirely right that we have a serious lack of testcases at the moment.
This is intended to be a temporary situation, hence my interest in working out
an implementation-independent format for tokenizer/parser testcases - the more
separate projects that can share the same testcases, the more we should accrete
overall and, hopefully, there will be fewer subtle bugs which damage
interoperability.

It would be really great if you (and others!) could get involved and help us
remedy the current poor test situation.