[whatwg] Graceful Degradation andMime Types[was: trailing slash]

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 15:09:44 PST 2006

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>> To say it is foundering seems to me like suggesting that jet aircraft are
foundering because most people use propellor planes, or cars.

Let me restate then: "RDF is floundering to achieve widespread adoption."
And from everything I've read, I've come to believe that TimBL & the W3C
have had visions for RDF to achieve the ubiquity of HTML on the web, hence
the term "the semantic web" (please tell me if I misunderstood and that RDF
was instead intended to be a niche solution for a very narrow segment of
implementors.)  AFAIK, no one has envisioned, at least in our lifetime, that
everyone would soon buy themselves a jet engine for individual transportion.

-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/
http://www.welldesignedurls.org/

P.S. BTW, I don't disbelieve in RDF and I don't want to work against it. But
as the IRAQ study group just announced, "staying the course" has not worked
thus far.