[whatwg] several messages about XML syntax and HTML5

Rimantas Liubertas rimantas at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 07:05:47 PST 2006

<...> Apparently Apple, Mozilla and
> Opera have that ambition. Smaller ones, like iCab and lynx, will just have to
> follow. But what about Microsoft? I still have the impression that they can
> undermine this entire effort by getting people to use authoring tools that on
> purpose contain errors that result in 'good' looking pages in Explorer, and
> 'bad' in HTML5 browsers.
<...>

And how do you imagine Microsoft will get people to use those evil tools?
By pointing a loaded gun to one's head?
IE7's team have expressed their will to improve web standards support in
their product.
And to not forget, IE7 was released mostly because of the rise of Firefox and
other alternatives. Their share is going up, not down, so even if MS had some
evil intentions it is already to late: no sane developer would use a tool which
produces broken result in 20+% of the browsers.

--
Regards,
Rimantas