[whatwg] microformats incompatible with WebApps 1.0 ?

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon Dec 11 20:17:05 PST 2006

Le 11 déc. 2006 à 22:57, Mike Schinkel a écrit :

> But since the "class" is a scare resource (or "profile," or
> whatever) that approach will result in conflicting microformats.

Just a little clarification about my previous proposal. I suggested
that profiles could register a short name as equivalent to a longer
URL-named profile, but it wasn't intended that profile URLs be
disallowed. This:

and this:

would be both allowed and equivalent, only the later is shorter to
write. Private vocabularies (to not call them microformats) would be
able to use URLs, but to use short names the URL would need to be
registered with that name first. Any unregistered short name would be
non-conformant. So profile, contrary to class, would have no
possibility of conflict.

(Short names would be defined as containing no colon, so that they
can't be valid absolute URLs.)

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/