[whatwg] several messages about XML syntax and HTML5

Matthew Paul Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Mon Dec 18 14:21:41 PST 2006

On Dec 19, 2006, at 9:54 AM, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:

> Aankhen wrote:
>>
>> "I was gonna go to this site I found on Google, but then I saw that it
>> was corrupted, so I figured it musta been a security issue or
>> something."
>
> The original problem I was contesting and attempting to solve was that
> users would think, incorrectly, that such messages indicated a problem
> with Google. You seem to think users would think, correctly, that there
> is a problem with the linked page. That's what they should think,
> because that's what the message means.

Alas, as amusing as this discussion is, it's not relevant to the WhatWG
(and I apologize for participating). If you think search engine result
pages would be better if festooned with useless warnings, lobby your
favorite search engine vendor, or go start your own.

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/