[whatwg] [Imps] reconstruct the active formatting elements

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Sun Dec 24 14:49:48 PST 2006

E-mailing this to the WHATWG list instead as Implementors keeps bouncing.

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 11:06:33 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at opera.com>
wrote:
> seems.

Found the problem. The "in body" insertion mode says to "reconstruct the
active formatting elements" for any character token. That should probably
only happen for non space characters. When I made that change I passed the
testcase given and didn't regress any other testcase.

I should note though that Firefox handles a newline differently from a
space. See:

http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/?%3C%21DOCTYPE%20html%3E%0A%3Cp%3E%3Cu%3E%3C/p%3E%0A%3Cp%3EX

http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/?%3C%21DOCTYPE%20html%3E%0A%3Cp%3E%3Cu%3E%3C/p%3E%20%3Cp%3EX

In case of a space it seems the active formatting elements are
reconstructed.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>