[whatwg] Update to the Adoption Agency Algorithm

Blanchard, Todd tobl at amazon.com
Fri Feb 3 09:10:20 PST 2006

>Any markup that causes a browser to automatically clone a node will be non-conformant and
>will be flagged as erroneous by a validator.

You are assuming that validators run javascript - they generally don't. (I'm hoping to add it to Scrutinizer http://www.blackbagops.net/seaside/html ) but that would make it unique in the world of validators.

Browser makers can't just punt on this issue - you have to help the developers more.  As it is now we spend way too much time writing little probe programs to reverse engineer browser behavior to figure out why our nifty AJAX apps don't work.