[whatwg] [wf2] checked, defaultChecked and "checked"

Anne van Kesteren fora at annevankesteren.nl
Thu Jan 12 07:25:36 PST 2006

Quoting Anne van Kesteren <fora at annevankesteren.nl>:
> Internet Explorer only sets defaultChecked to true when the control has a
> "checked" attribute set at _parsing time_. Adding a "checked" attribute
> dynamically does not change the state of defaultChecked.

It was pointed out that this is probably caused by the fact that in IE content
attributes and DOM attributes are identical. I hereby suggest we follow
what is
implemented by Opera and Firefox which is also what DOM Level 2 HTML seems to
mendate and is what makes most sense.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>