[whatwg] Sandboxing scripts: call for a wider discussion

Alexey Feldgendler alexey at feldgendler.ru
Mon Jan 23 03:24:16 PST 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:15:39 +0600, Lachlan Hunt
<lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au> wrote:

>> AFAIK, document.write is not standardized anywhere at all (am I right?)

> http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-DOM-Level-2-HTML-20011210/html.html#ID-75233634

I'm surprised. document.write is defined but it's substantially different
 from what the browsers implement. DOM 2 says that write() can be called
only between calls to open() and close(), and that a call to open() clears
the existing content of the document. This is very different from the
current practice of calling write() without open() to inject unparsed HTML
into an already-parsed document.

So, I should change my statement from "document.write is not standardized"
to "calling document.write without first calling document.open is not
standardized".

--
Opera M2 8.5 on Debian Linux 2.6.12-1-k7
* Origin: X-Man's Station [ICQ: 115226275] <alexey at feldgendler.ru>