[whatwg] Comment Syntax and Parsing

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Mon Jan 23 14:35:30 PST 2006

On Jan 23, 2006, at 11:39, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

>> I guess the XML style is the simplest thing that could work. :-/
>
> You are talking about conformance, but what do you want the parser
> to do?

I talked about conformance, because I'd prefer document conformance
be defined in such a way that conforming comments maximize
compatibility with different parsers.

I did not say anything about how I want non-conforming comments to be
handled, because I think Hixie has researched the issue so much more
than I that I don't have anything educated enough to say right now.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/